An engaging case-based approach to learning the diagnostic process in internal medicine. This latest update is based on the 2nd edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Symptom to Diagnosis, An Evidence Based Guide helps to learn an evidence-based, step-by-step process for evaluating, diagnosing, and treating patients based on their clinical complaints. By applying this process the healthcare professionals will be able to recognize specific diseases and prescribe the most effective therapy.
// Key Features
• It offers a concise statement of the common or classic presentation of the particular disease
• The Disease Highlights covers the most pertinent epidemiologic and pathophysiologic information for the disease
• Evidence-Based Diagnosis reviews the accuracy of the history, physical exam, laboratory and radiologic tests for the disease. In this unique section, the author points out the findings that help you “rule in” or “rule out” the various diseases
• The Treatment section gives the details of the basics of therapy for the disease discussed
• Contains algorithms, summary tables and questions that direct evaluation