Windows Installer is becoming the “de facto” software installation technology on Windows. Being preinstalled on the latest Microsoft operating systems, and also bundled with the most popular productivity packages (Office, etc.) this software installer provides a significant number of power features that improveapplication management and administration. This power doesn’t come without pitfalls, and the most important of them all is the complexity. Creating an MSI file requires careful planning and editing of dozens of database tables. Hundreds of pages of documentation must be read, countless lists of rules must be followed. Building a Windows Installer package may take days or even weeks. This is where a MSI creation tool comes to help.
- Advanced Installer makes MSI creation a snap
- Advanced Installer integrates in automated build tools
- Install and register the resources composing your application
- Search, download and install Prerequisite
- Organize your application in modules and components
- Secure and choose your package’s presentations
- Extend the installation process with Custom Actions
- Customize the installation User Interface
What’s New ?
- SHA-1/2 smart double-signing support
- Mitigations for DLL hijacking vulnerability
- Major upgrades support for multiple instances
- Support new options for a registry based COM Class
- Weekly Mail report for Installer Analytics users
- Predefined launch condition for “.NET Framework 4.6.1”
- Predefined prerequisites for “.NET Framework 4.6.1”
- Over 31 enhancements and bug fixes
- Install the program & Exit from it (If running)
- Run patch as administrator and apply it!
- That’s All ! Enjoy 🙂